- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of France›
- Abbey Church of the Trinity, Fecamp: Overall view ›
Abbey Church of the Trinity, Fecamp: Overall view
The Benedictine abbey church houses the relic of the Precious Blood and was listed as an historic monument in 1840. William the Conqueror moved his court to Fécamp in 1066. In 1106, after the relic had become a major pilgrimage site, the abbey was enlarged before being destroyed by lightning in 1168. A new Gothic church was then built by Father Henri de Sully and was completed in the thirteenth century. The Neoclassical facade was added by the Maurists in the 18th century. The interior has the Tabernacle containing the relic of the Precious Blood of Jesus, and 13th century stained-glass windows. There are also tombs of the Dukes of Normandy of the 13th-14th centuries.