Châtelard Castle: Overall view, from vineyards at the top of the plateau
The area was given by treaty to the Counts of Savoy, starting with Amedeo V in 1317. The chateau was built ca. 1442. In 1536 it fell into the hands of the Bernese. It was acquired by a private family (Forenerod de Mons d'Avanche) in 1983 and run as a hotel and events venue.