Royal Hospital, Játiva: Raking view of left side of facade and portal
The hospital was founded at the beginning of the 15th century; the oldest part of the actual building (the chapel) dates to about 1550. The administration was under the Brotherhood of the Virgin (Cofradía de la Virgen). The interior has some Late Gothic features (vaulting), but the general style is Renaissance. The hospital suffered a fire in 1707 and had interior restoration shortly after by Marcos Antonio Disdier.