- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of France›
- Topographic views of Loches: Aerial view of Loches ›
Topographic views of Loches: Aerial view of Loches
Architecture Library, Hesburgh Libraries
Views of Loches distributed by the French company G. Massiot & Cie (actual photographer unknown). Distributed before 1912. Loches is a commune in the Indre-et-Loire department in central France. It is situated 29 miles (47 km) southeast of Tours by railway, on the left bank of the Indre River. Loches (the Roman Leucae) grew up around a monastery founded about 500 by St. Ours and belonged to the Counts of Anjou from 886 until 1205. It is noted for the Château de Loches and the Church of St. Ours.