City Hall, Cremona: Detail, raking view of facade at corner, showing loggia or arcade and crenellations
Near the cathedral in the Piazza del Comune is the arcaded Palazzo del Comune, rebuilt between 1206 and 1246 and restored at the end of the 15th century by Bernardino de Lera (fl ca. 1480), from 1568 to 1578 by Francesco Dattaro and 1837-1847 by Luigi Roghera (born 1788). An inscription on the facade lists 1206 as the building date. In 1246 the building was significantly expanded with the addition of three wings that surround the courtyard and a tower.