Palacio de Anaya: Raking view of neoclassical facade and dome beyond
El Colegio Mayor de San Bartolomé, Colegio Mayor de Anaya or Old College was founded in 1401 by Don Diego de Anaya (Maldonado), as a school affiliated with the University of Salamanca. It ceased as an independent college in 1798. It was housed in the palace that Anaya built as archbishop (Palacio de Anaya). It currently houses the Faculty of Philology at the University of Salamanca. It is one of the few Neoclassical buildings in Salamanca; the architects are José de Hermosilla and Juan de Sagarvinaga. José de Hermosilla was a translator of Vitruvius and a professor of architecture (in Madrid) who was a proponent of Neoclassicism in Spain.