- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of France›
- Basilica of Our Lady of Montligeon ›
Basilica of Our Lady of Montligeon: Distant context view of the church in the countryside
Named pastor of La Chapelle-Montligeon, Father Paul Buguet (1843-1918) moved there on August 1, 1878. In 1884 he established an association for prayers for the dead, which led to the building of a larger pilgrimage church, dedicated to Our Lady, the Liberator of souls in Purgatory. It was granted the status of Basilica Minor and consecrated in 1928. The last name of the architect is Tessier, no other information.