Church of Saint Anastasia, Verona: Interior, nave looking towards altar
Date
Circa 1910
Location
Architecture Library, Hesburgh Libraries
Designed by the Dominican friars Fra Benvenuto da Imola and Fra Nicola da Imola. It took its name from a pre-existing temple built by King Theoderic the Great. Since 1307, it is in fact co-entitled to St. Peter of Verona, martyr and co-patron of the city. Unfinished, the façade is mostly in brickwork, with a rose window. The Pellegrini Chapel (ca. 1430) houses the late International Gothic fresco of St. George and the Princess of Trebizond by Pisanello as well as the grave of Wilhelm von Bibra. The apse was finished in 1432.
Our collection information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. If you have spotted an error, please contact Architecture Library, Hesburgh Libraries at asklib@nd.edu.
Also from
Architectural Lantern Slides of Italy

Palazzo Farnese: Overall view, main facade

Episcopal Palace, Verona: Raking view of facade facing the Piazza Vescovado

Gate of Saint Nicholas, Florence: Overall view

San Clemente: Overall view of exterior facade behind the peristyle cloister courtyard

Church of Saint Anastasia, Verona: Overall view of unfinished brick facade

Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute: Overall exterior view, viewed from the Grand Canal
