Évreux Cathedral: Two towers of the west facade and spire of the crossing rising above neighboring buildings
t is the seat of the Bishop of Évreux. Begun after fire destroyed its predecessor in 1119, it was not completed until the 17th century, and its appearance reflects several phases of the Gothic style, with richly decorated Flamboyant traceried windows and a late 16th-century west façade. The cathedral has an aisled nave with a two-tower façade and transepts leading to a chevet with ambulatory and chapels. It was restored in 1896; severely damaged in 1940 and was subsequently restored again. It is known for its stained glass, ca. 1320-1400.