- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of Italy›
- Church of Saint Luke and Chapel of the Risen Christ ›
Church of Saint Luke and Chapel of the Risen Christ: Overall view of the chapel to the left and the church facade
The church of S. Luke was probably founded in the twelfth century with a simple façade, still visible, although enriched by an elegant portico in front of the entrance door, built in 1415. The interior was heavily rebuilt in the 17th century and restored in 1881. In front of the church stands the octagonal Cappella di Cristo Risorto (1502) attributed to Bernardino de Lera Bernardino Bocoli, which reveals the influence of Giovanni di Domenico Battaggio, a Lombard follower of Bramante. It is a votive chapel built after Cremona escaped one wave of the plague in 1500.