- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of France›
- Theatre de la Renaissance ›
Theatre de la Renaissance: Overall context view of facade and right side
The architect's name is also given as Charles Delalande, "an assistant to Charles Garnier". The current theater was built ("in the Italian style") on the site of the Deffieux restaurant, burned by the communards in the uprising of 1870. The theater has been run by various companies, at one time by Sarah Bernhardt (from 1893 to 1899). The current capacity is 650 seats and it is still hosting performances.