Carmo Church, Porto: Church of the Carmelites (left) and the Carmo Church (right)
The architect was the painter and architect José de Figueiredo Seixas, who had worked under Nasoni's direction. An interior Rococo chapel is decorated with gilded carved wood, which was a Nasoni speciality. This church is twinned with the Church of the Carmelites, on the west side, forming a single volume, although they are different churches. The complex also contained a hospital. The church is noted today for the external east wall which is covered with painted tiles (azulejos), representing scenes from the founding of the Carmelite Order and Mount Carmel. The composition was designed by Silvestre Silvestri, painted by Charles White and dated 1912.