Trogir Cathedral: Overall view, showing campanile and side with east portal
Begun ca. 1200, most of the building was finished during the 13th century; the campanile was completed in 1605 by Trifon Bokanić. It is a three-aisled basilica. The cathedral, dedicated to St Lawrence, is especially notable for its sculptural decoration. The west portal bears a signed and dated inscription of 1240 by the master carver, Radovan. Supported on telamons, it is profusely decorated with reliefs. The baptistery, by Andrea Alessi (Andrija Aleši), was added to the north side of the portico in 1467. It has a pointed barrel vault but predominantly Renaissance sculptural decoration. The core city of Trogir, including the cathedral, was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997.