Hôtel Chartraire de Montigny, Dijon: Detail, chapel behind the facade of the Hôtel
Date
Circa 1910
Location
Architecture Library, Hesburgh Libraries
The college, (which is a primary and secondary school), was created in 1884 by combining various historic buildings including the former hôtel particulier of the military general of Burgundy (1785-1786, located at Rue Vannerie, 41). The Hôtel Chartraire de Montigny is next door at Rue Vannerie, 39 and was begun in 1670. The buildings were adapted and joined together by Charles Suisse (1846-1906), a follower of Viollet-le-Duc. In 1971 the city repurchased the buildings to allow for restoration. It now houses the Service Départemental de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine. The school was rebuilt in the Rue de Talant.
Our collection information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. If you have spotted an error, please contact Architecture Library, Hesburgh Libraries at asklib@nd.edu.
Also from
Architectural Lantern Slides of France

Church of Saints Gervais and Protais: Overall view, side elevation behind houses fronting the Seine

Theatre de la Renaissance: Overall context view of facade and right side

Bordeaux Cathedral: Raking view of south side, base of the separate Tour Pey-Berland

Topographic views of Nice: Aerial view

Chapel of the Jesuit College, Eu: Overall view, Louis XIII style facade

Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, Paris: Overall view
