Musegg Wall [Museggmauer], Lucerne: Detail of the first tower, the Nolli Tower (Nölli Tour)
This tower was modified in 1901 to admit street traffic. This view is before the modification.
In the second half of the 14th century the Musegg wall, 870 m long, with nine towers and one of the longest fortifications in Switzerland, was built round the city. Three of the nine towers are accessible to tourists today. The names of the nine towers are Nolli, Mannli, Luegisland, Heu, Zyt, Schirmer, Pulver, Allenwinden, and Dachli.