Palazzo Romanin Jacur: Raking view of Venetian Gothic balcony and detailing
The 15th century building was built in the Venetian Gothic style, with decoration recalling the Ca 'd'Oro. (Padua was conquered by the Venetians in 1405). It was significantly restored in the nineteenth century and rebuilt in neo-Gothic. On the front are two inscriptions visible on the left and right of the piano nobile. The left one records that Dante Alighieri lived here in 1306, but this is unlikely, although it is certain that the poet was in Padua and knew the city well. In the nineteenth century, the palace was the seat of the salon known as "Gabinetto di lettura" and a place of meetings and political discussions.