- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of Egypt›
- Sultan Qansuh al-Ghuri Complex ›
Sultan Qansuh al-Ghuri Complex: Detail, door leading to madrasa
Sultan Qansuh al-Ghuri was second to last of the Mamluk sultans and the last to enjoy a reign of any duration (1501-1516). The foundation of Sultan al-Ghuri was built between 1503 and 1505. The complex straddles both sides of al-Mu'izz Street, with the congregational mosque-madrasa built on the western side, and the khanqah-mausoleum-sabil-kuttab on the eastern side.