- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of Italy›
- Ca' Foscari: Overall view ›
Ca' Foscari: Overall view
Palazzo Giustinian visible to the left.
Built by the doge Francesco Foscari in 1453, is now the main seat of Ca' Foscari University of Venice. The architect of the palace was Bartolomeo Bon Bartolomeo Bono. The palace was built on the site of a former building known as the House with the Two Towers. Foscari had that house destroyed and rebuilt in late Venetian gothic style. Ca' Foscari is located on the widest bend of the Grand Canal. It was renovated in the 20th century (1936 and 1956) to allow its use as a university by Carlo Scarpa.