- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of France›
- Church of the Cordeliers: View of one of the Ducal tombs ›
Church of the Cordeliers: View of one of the Ducal tombs
Chapel of the former Franciscan monastery which contains the tombs of the dukes of Lorraine. Listed as a historical monument in 1840. Built by René II of Lorraine after the Battle of Nancy, consecrated in 1487, next to the Ducal Palace which was rebuilt at the same time (ca. 1501). Attached to the choir is the Chapel of Notre-Dame de Lorette (1609-1612) This chapel, founded by the will of Charles III of Lorraine, contains the remains and cenotaphs of all the dukes of Lorraine.