- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of India›
- Pareshnath Temple complex ›
Pareshnath Temple complex: View from interior pond and garden of two of the temples
The temple was built by a Marwari Shrimal Jain named Rai Badridas Bahadoor Mookim in 1867. Badridas had made his fortune as a jeweler, serving as a court jeweler to the Viceroy and Governor General. The complex is subdivided into 4 areas, each with a temple. The temples are studded with mirrors and Belgian glass, covered with mosiac. They are surrounded by ornamental gardens and ponds.