San Apostoli, Venice: Detail, base of campanile and the campo
A Roman Catholic church located in the Cannaregio sestiere which may date from the 9th century; rebuilt in 1021. The 15th century (ca. 1483-1499) additions of the church porch on the facade, the sacristy and the chapel of the Cornaro family (Cornaro della Regina Chapel) have been attributed to Codussi. The present building is the result of a major reconstruction project which was undertaken in 1575 by Alessandro Vittoria.