- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of Spain›
- Church of Santiago, Cadiz ›
Church of Santiago, Cadiz: Side elevation from Plaza de la Catedral with statue of Bishop Domingo de Silos Moreno
The Plaza de la Catedral houses both the Cathedral and the Baroque church of Santiago. It was the former headquarters of the College of the Society of Jesus; only the church remains, rebuilt after destruction in 1596. It has Ionic pilasters which contrast against the white oyster shell stucco. It was designed by Alonso Romero, a Jesuit brother.