- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of Peru›
- Church of San Cristobal: View of the church ›
Church of San Cristobal: View of the church
According to Humberto Vidal, work was initiated by Cristóbal Paullo, a member of the Inca nobility and owner of the land (Colcampata hill, a plateau with Inca stonework still visible). The first church dates from 1560. The rear building is seventeenth century; the patron was Bishop Mollinedo, whose coat of arms is on the lintel of the entrance door to the belfry. The church is a Latin cross plan and has a single nave. Among its treasures is the silver front altar, which also features the coat of arms of Mollinedo.