- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of France›
- Church of Our Lady, Dives-sur-Mer ›
Church of Our Lady, Dives-sur-Mer: Overall view, side elevation with apse
Originally a pilgrimage chapel to host a miraculous crucifix (the cross of Christ Saint-Sauveur). Under William the Conqueror, a Romanesque building is constructed, of which four pillars of the choir, an arcade and a vault remain. In the fourteenth century, the church was enlarged in the Gothic style. During the wars of religion, the cross disappeared and the pilgrimage period ends. Classed as an historic monument since 1888.