- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of Russia›
- Church of the Trinity, Ostankino ›
Church of the Trinity, Ostankino: Overall view, including bell tower
District in the north of Moscow, formerly a village and estate. In 1620 the estate became the property of the princes Cherkassky, for whom Pavel Potekhin (a serf of the Odoyevsky family) built the five-domed brick church of the Trinity (1678-1692), distinguished by its elegant decoration. Its bell-tower was erected by the architect Nikolay Sultanov (1850-1908) in 1877-1878 in 'neo-Russian' style.