- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of France›
- Chapel of the Jesuit College, Eu ›
Chapel of the Jesuit College, Eu: Detail, side entrance with sun dial
The Jesuit College was built in 1580 by Henri de Lorraine, Duke of Guise, who was married to Catherine of Cleves, 26th Countess of Eu. The chapel was built in 1613 by Catherine of Cleves, in memory of her late husband, assassinated at Blois in 1588. The chapel is dedicated to St. Ignatius Loyola. The building is a mixture of Renaissance and Louis XIII (the facade) styles. The chapel contains the tombs of Henri de Guise and Catherine of Cleves with their effigies.