- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of Italy›
- Chiesa di San Giorgio in Braida ›
Chiesa di San Giorgio in Braida: Interior, nave looking towards altar, showing dome
All that remains of an older monastery is the 12th century bell tower and part of a cloister. The church is 16th century. The nave has four chapels on each side, completed 1536-1543. Above the main door is a painting by Tintoretto, the Baptism of Christ. There are two Veronese, including the Martyrdom of St. George. For S Giorgio in Braida, Verona, Sanmicheli designed (ca. 1535) the arcaded drum with coffered dome as well as a campanile (unfinished).