- Home ›
- Architectural Lantern Slides›
- Architectural Lantern Slides of Switzerland›
- City Hall and Baudet Tower ›
City Hall and Baudet Tower: Detail, entrance ramp and adjoined Tour Baudet
Hôtel de Ville (15th-17th century), is the seat of the cantonal government. It has a ramp (a monumental inclined plane, built 16th century) without steps, leading to the upper floors. The attached Tour Baudet (1455) contains the cantonal archives. On the ground floor of the southeast wing is the Alabama room, in which the first Geneva Convention (of the Red Cross) was signed in 1864.